The Chapter Leader Gathering brought together representatives from almost every chapter with the following goals:
• Share best practices across chapters and between national and local EPIP
• Orient, inform and update chapter leaders
• Mobilize local and national leaders to secure needed resources for EPIP
• Increase cohesion within and across the EPIP chapter network
• Raise the visibility and identity of EPIP in Michigan and nationally
• Learn from senior leaders and various experts and trainers in our field
I'd definitely say we were able to accomplish all of these goals. Although I personally had not attended any EPIP functions on the national level (ie, other Chapter Leader Gatherings, or pre-conference events at the Council on Foundations), I really appreciated what this particular gathering offered. Networking on the national level, the opportunity to speak with leaders in the field, and the chance to explore a city that I otherwise would not spend time in! I'll try to break down the highlights from each session in my next few posts!