The Seattle EPIP Chapter Steering Committee oversees and coordinates the Chapters’ activities with the goal of strengthening the next generation of grantmakers to advance social justice philanthropy. The Steering Committee is currently led by two Co-Chairs and four general Steering Committee Members. Each chair has an opportunity to engage volunteers from EPIP’s local community of members and peers to support the chapter with activities and tasks.
Depending on the time of the year and the specific roles of members, time commitments will range from five hours of service in a typical month to ten hours in months when we are hosting a local event. The Steering Committee has one monthly standing meeting. On the first Tuesday of each month, we meet in person from 12:00-1:00pm. On the second Thursday of the month, we have a monthly happy hour event from 5:00-7:00pm. Meeting times and dates are subject to change based on the availability of a majority of Steering Committee members.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider joining the committee:
- Take a leadership role in Seattle by building and nurturing a space for learning and networking amongst our peers in philanthropy
- Leadership development opportunities locally and through EPIP National include access to professional development funds and to a national network of professionals
- Shape the local programming agenda of our chapter
- Engage in and learn about potential service on EPIPs National Governing Board
- Build your resume and make new connections to emerging and established philanthropic leaders throughout the region
Dorothy Longbrake, The Longbrake Family FoundationLaura Mapp, Henry M. Jackson Foundation (co-chair)Zeke Spier, Social Justice Fund NWSarah Studer, Independent Consultant (co-chair)Katrin Wilde, The Channel FoundationHolly Wolfe, The Russell Family Foundation