ABOUT THE FOUNDATION: Wilburforce Foundation is a private, philanthropic foundation that exists to preserve the North American West's irreplaceable biological diversity and ecological integrity. Our mission is to protect wildlife habitat in Western North America by actively supporting organizations and leaders advancing conservation solutions. We believe there are positive, achievable solutions to current challenges based on sound science, conservation policy, and community action, and we believe that conservation is powered by a hopeful vision in which wild places and wildlife thrive in harmony with human communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION: We have an opening for a full-time Office Manager based in Seattle, Washington. The Office Manager will report to our Executive Director. Please review the position description for more information.
Responsibilities: The Office Manager carries out the Foundation’s core workplace services. This work falls into five broad categories: 1) general reception, phones, and mail handling; 2) assist Wilburforce accountant with accounts payable and other bookkeeping duties, and handle contact with payroll and benefits representatives; 3) manage maintenance contracts and equipment inventories and ordering of office supplies; 4) assist Grants Manager with administration of grantmaking processes, and 5) provide general support to Foundation staff and Board as needed with administration, data management, event planning, and other functions.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize and follow up on urgent matters in a timely manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of computers and related business software applications.
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a collaborative team environment and provide support to other staff as needed.
- Proofreading, time management, customer service, and process management, ability to laugh.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours at occasional peak urgent workload periods.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications should be submitted by postal mail or e-mail by Monday, November 21st. We will begin reviewing candidates then, but will continue to accept applications after that date until the position is filled.
Applications submitted by email should be sent in RTF, PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Please do not send applications by both postal mail and e-mail – one of the two will suffice.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to:
3601 Fremont Ave N #304
Seattle, WA 98103