The Seattle International Foundation (SIF) is seeking candidates to join our team for an excellent entry-level opportunity to learn about international development issues and the philanthropic sector. SIF is seeking an enthusiastic, self-starter interested in issues relating to our mission, as well as working in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Greet visitors at the front desk; answer calls and take messages for those out of the office; cultural sensitivity with international visitors is expected
- Handle all mail, including processing out-going mail, sorting incoming mail, and coordinating delivery and courier services
- Translate documents from Spanish-to-English and English-to-Spanish, including grant proposals for SIF’s partners in Central America, news stories and research
- Design graphics for printed materials, e.g. business cards, event promo materials, informational printed materials about SIF, etc.
- Assist with event planning, logistics and coordination
- Order, retrieve and maintain office, kitchen and conference room supplies
- Set-up and clean-up conference room for meetings; keep stocked with supplies; assist with catering and logistical tasks as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Program Officer as needed, including assisting with event planning, graphic design, translation, preparing expense reports, reconciling monthly credit card statements, filing, organizing, and occasional errands outside the office
- Keep reception area, conference room, kitchen stocked, clean and orderly
- Bi-lingual: Spanish speaking individual with strong English and Spanish grammar for translation projects and event planning in Latin America
- Experience planning and putting on events (both large and small) a plus
- Experience with graphic design a plus (be prepared to show examples of past projects)
- Solid understanding of basic accounting/bookkeeping practices
- Experience with reception work
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for philanthropy, international development and women’s issues
To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, our mission and our programs, visit our homepage at www.seaif.org.
To apply for this entry-level position, please send an email (email@example.com) with a resume and cover letter explaining why your experience makes you a great fit for this position. Please put “Global Philanthropy Admin” in the subject line. Thank you and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!