Position Summary: The Development Assistant provides administrative and logistical support for all aspects of the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation’s development efforts including prospect identification and tracking, existing donor cultivation, fund acquisition, professional advisor outreach and events. The position is also responsible for maintaining the development data for our FIMS (Foundation Information Management System) database.
Provide administrative and clerical support to the Development Director.
- Ongoing communication with key constituencies including letters, reports and meeting materials as required.
- Attend and record minutes of Development Committee and Professional Advisor Committee and Impact Investing Committee Meetings.
- Coordinate production and mailing of annual appeal letters.
- Setup and organize speaking engagements and donor/sponsor meetings for Director of Development.
- Prepare materials for development related meetings, calls and presentations; including sponsorship packages and solicitation letters.
- Perform donor and prospect research on individuals, corporations and foundations as needed.
- Fund Development – Execute fund agreement process
- Cover front desk daily during the lunch hour for Office Manager
- Assist with the mail opening process
- Contribute as an effective team member of the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development
For more, click here.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex information and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse customers.
- Excellent recordkeeping and administrative abilities.
- Excellent written and personal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel with the ability to learn other software quickly; experience with fundraising software is preferred, but not required.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in nonprofit field (or an affiliated field) is preferred, but not required.
- Special event management experience is preferred but not required.